Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Power of the Poor

First I want to apologize for not blogging more this summer. I have been tied up with some work issues that have needed my attention, and I've also been spending as much time as I can at the river. If you read this blog from the beginning you would know I don't have Internet capabilities at the river, and so haven't had the option of blogging from there. I am giving up the idea of Summer reluctantly and have a few other forays away from home planned before the big chill descends and forces me inside where I can concentrate more on blogging, among other things.

I wanted to post this link because I think this documentary will be interesting and informative. I have only watched the trailer, so I can't comment on it's entire message, but I thought others would be interested in knowing about it before it airs in October.

I'll be seeing more of you when the rains come.

;) Maureen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The Power of the Poor: Blog Contest

By Alex Tabarrok on Television

On October 8, PBS will be showing, The Power of the Poor, a new documentary featuring the great Hernando de Soto and from the team that brought you Free to Choose. You can see a preview below. To increase awareness, Free to Choose Media is sponsoring a blog contest on the question:

What institutions can enable the world's poor to realize their power and achieve prosperity?

The best blog post--under 500 words--on this theme will receive $250 and a DVD of the show. See the rules for more information. Yours truly will be one of the judges.

1 comment:

Pastrudel said...

Maureen, thank you for posting that link. Very interesting for sure! Hopefully, we in Canada will be able to watch this as well.